New Features Include Advanced Design Mode, OS-Specific Security Filtering and Reporting/View Upgrades
TEANECK, NJ–(Marketwired – Mar 18, 2014) – Data Dynamics, Inc., a leader in solutions for the discovery, reporting, migration, and management of file-based storage, today announced StorageX version 7.1 with new features to simplify storage migration planning, automation and reporting. The latest enhancements further streamline enterprise-class storage system upgrades for Tier One file storage environments from leading storage system vendors, including EMC and NetApp.
Tweet This: Data Dynamics Advances Enterprise Storage Migration/Consolidation with StorageX 7.1 – #storagemigration #NAS –http://bit.ly/19MLinO
Enterprises today have thousands of file shares with large amounts of unstructured file data on hundreds of file servers and NAS devices across their IT infrastructure. The proliferation of application files and user-generated documents continually drives the expansion of network storage resources and leads to mounting data migration and consolidation projects. In today’s enterprise data centers, data migration and consolidation projects are not just one-time occurrences they are an ongoing IT challenge. As user demand grows, file data rises, storage systems age, hardware leases expire, and technology refresh cycles materialize, organizations require a solution to plan and execute migrations with minimal complexity and exposure to downtime.
StorageX 7.1 provides seamless migration, consolidation, and archiving of file data on heterogeneous enterprise storage resources using production proven automation. The solution reduces time to deployment of new storage resources by up to 50% compared to limited point solutions or manual processes. The file migration and consolidation software gives storage professionals the tools they need to manage file data to improve storage resource utilization and simplify file data management. Version 7.1 includes granular planning, execution and monitoring capabilities, including:
- Advanced Design Mode – provides an exportable grid view of the OEM specific target settings in StorageX Migration Project for modifying values individually or in bulk.
- Regulate volumes on block LUNs
- Define SnapMirror Source/Destination/Partner
- Adjust De-duplication ratios
- Set quota limits
- Change volume size/utilization
- Security Style Filtering – with user options to filter the source environment.
- Unix security compliance
- NTFS security compliance
- Concurrence with mixed operating system security standards
- Exportable/Sortable/Filterable views and reports – for selected storage resources.
- Monitor agent utilization and trends
- Oversee device exports, shares and overall activity
- Audit migration policies and execution
“The thousands of procedures that take place during an enterprise storage migration or consolidation can put an organization at risk if not executed as prescribed. Automation can significantly improve positive outcomes and reduce these risks,” said Terri McClure, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “StorageX promises to ease the burden of upgrading complex heterogeneous storage environments by automating policy-based routines to reduce human error and speed deployment. The result is greater resource utilization and business uptime.”
“StorageX puts greater control into the hands of storage administrators when moving large sets of file data by using our powerful project-based approach,” said Piyush Mehta, CEO, Data Dynamics, Inc. “Version 7.1 improves on our platform using a rules-based engine to analyze mappings and apply user-defined actions at a fine-drawn level. The result is a more robust offering that transitions storage management policies automatically and programmatically as required.”
Pricing and Availability
StorageX version 7.1 is available immediately through Data Dynamics, Inc. technology partners, including EMC and NetApp. The solution is also available through the Data Dynamics channel partner ecosystem and priced starting at $500 per migrated TB.
- Video: StorageX Phased Migration Overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ1qrop22JQ&feature=c4overview&list=UUVuBU86y2OYqMxrvERVVDIw
- Article: Adoption of New Storage Hardware: A Challenge and a Solution http://www.datadynamicsinc.com/adoption-of-new-storage-hardware-a-challenge-and-a-solution/
- Datasheet: http://www.datadynamicsinc.com/docs/datasheets/data-sheet-storagex-platform.pdf
- Follow Data Dynamics, Inc. on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/datadynamicsinc
- Visit Data Dynamics, Inc. on the Web at: http://www.datadynamicsinc.com
About the StorageX Platform
Acting as the engine behind Data Dynamics’ storage infrastructure management, unstructured file data management, and private cloud data management solutions, StorageX enables aggregation and centralized management of networked file storage. This makes it possible for storage professionals to add, consolidate, migrate, and failover Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Windows storage systems. The solution allows for data accessibility through the use of a unified data view, regardless of where the data is stored. Using an automated, policy-based storage management approach, StorageX maximizes business user data access and minimizes user downtime.
About Data Dynamics, Inc.
Data Dynamics, Inc. is a leader in solutions for the discovery, reporting, migration and management of file-based storage. Its award-winning StorageX product suite, which was originally developed by NuView, Inc. and later acquired by Brocade, has been adopted by hundreds of enterprise customers, Fortune 500 companies, and large municipal governments as a solution for the full lifecycle management of their file-based storage infrastructure. Today, Data Dynamics is focused on developing future generations of StorageX as the industry’s leading policy-based file data management solution. For more information, please visit: www.datadynamicsinc.com.