Data Dynamics, Inc., is looking for an Implementation Specialist / Technical Support Analyst to be responsible for providing both product installation and configuration services and product technical support to Data Dynamics customers and partners.
The Implementation Specialist / Technical Support Analyst is a dual-role position where the candidate will split their time between product implementation and technical support duties. The delivery of product implementation services may be done virtually or on-site at customer and partner locations, depending on requirements.
You will be responsible for providing telephone, email, chat, and remote diagnostic technical support for a wide variety or enterprise servers, storage devices, operating systems, and applications (Windows, VMware, Linux, SQL, Hyper-V, etc.) in a team environment
You will also be responsible for answering common questions regarding installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance, and usage for assigned products. You will apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions to correct issues. You will also document problems, diagnostic actions performed, customer interactions and next steps, and solutions implemented in the technical support database.
At Data Dynamics, Inc., we take pride in creating exceptional work experiences, encouraging innovation, and being involved with our employees and customers. If you are a customer-centric, passionate individual who feels strongly about building world class scalable data-driven software, we’d like to talk to you.
Implementation Specialist (50%)
- Work closely with the internal engineering/support teams and our clients to develop an implementation and test plan and have the ability to execute these plans
- Implement Data Dynamics software products for our clients at specific customer locations
- Document the executed steps of each client implementation/installation
- Serve as the primary contact for the client(s) with regards to troubleshooting the software and help support the client during the implementation project
- Create systems integration, training and other documentation that may be identified
- Identify and provide solutions to challenges incorporating our application and platform into the final customer solution
- Understand technical infrastructures and architectures including relational database management systems, business applications and common hardware and software operating systems
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically for the delivery of product implementation services and/or on-site training classes (40-50%)
Technical Support Analyst (50%)
- Demonstrate case management skills for each customer case by resolving various issues quickly and proactively involving resources as needed to the customer’s satisfaction
- Respond to customer technical problems/issues related to software and/or customer configuration via email, chat, and phone
- Handle and take ownership of customer issues from beginning to resolution
- Assist customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical and product issues
- Advise and educate customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or product questions
- Identify and provide input on unique or recurring customer problems
- Monitor and track customer issues to ensure accurate resolution
- Review and distribute relevant customer information to cross-functional teams (Sales, Development, External Partners, etc.)
- Escalate more complex customer technical issues to senior level support and/or development
- Provide on-call after hour support one to two weeks per month, including some weekends/holidays
- Dependable attendance is a critical requirement of the job
- Hands-on experience with Network Attached Storage (NAS) – (EMC Isilon/VNX & NetApp)
- Hands-on systems administration ability with Microsoft Windows, Linux operating systems
- Hands-on experience with TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, DFS
- Hands-on experience with network setup/routing with mixed LAN/WAN operating system environments
- Hands-on experience of authentication protocols such as Active Directory, and NIS (LDAP a plus)
- Hands-on experience with managing virtualization technology including VMware and MS Hyper-V
- Good fundamental and hands-on knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008/2012
- Server hardware knowledge (HP/Dell) to perform upgrades and repairs of critical components
- Storage hardware knowledge of NAS systems (Network Appliance 7.x or 8.x, EMC VNX, Isilon) preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows server environments (2008 & 2012), RedHat/CentOS, and MS SQL 2008/2012
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (technical background preferred)
- 5+ years relevant technical support experience
- 2+ years relevant in enterprise software implementation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work individually and within a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to travel in support of multiple implementation initiatives required
- Strong balance between business minded mentality and ability to articulate technical solutions
Data Dynamics Inc. may sponsor H1B.
To apply for a position, submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, and please be sure to indicate the name of the position for which you are applying.