StorageX 7.5 Delivers a Single Storage Management Platform to Discover, Analyze, Optimize, Migrate and Manage Large Data Assets Across Multi-vendor Storage Resources
TEANECK, NJ — December 9, 2014 – Data Dynamics, Inc., a leader in storage management solutions for hybrid and private cloud storage environments, today announced the release of StorageX 7.5, the latest version of its intelligence-based storage management solution that has been optimized for use with heterogeneous storage resources in hybrid and cloud datacenter environments. Offering new features in the areas of migration, disaster recovery, replication, reporting and security, StorageX 7.5 delivers a unified storage view for the simplified management of large data assets throughout the information lifecycle.
“With today’s flood of data growth, companies that rely on traditional SAN and NAS storage are struggling to keep up with capacity demand,” said Terri McClure, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “Complicating this is the difficulty of managing unstructured data – the fastest growing component of today’s datacenter. As a result, organizations are shifting storage to new forms including scale-out/up NAS, object storage and Hadoop. But, to make this transformation a success requires automation and storage intelligence. With StorageX 7.5, Data Dynamics has upped the game for intelligent storage management while supporting today’s increasingly heterogeneous and hybrid cloud infrastructures.”
StorageX 7.5 enables the intelligent management of storage across heterogeneous technologies and platforms through a single management interface for hybrid and cloud infrastructures. It adds additional functionality to Microsoft DFS and centralizes the management of unstructured data across the enterprise. The new version also enables Windows-based management for multiple heterogeneous file servers, allowing seamless data migration and consolidation.
“We had a massive project on our hands with the need to migrate over 8TB of unstructured content in the form of over 14 million files,” said Andy Owen, Head of Technical Services at Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. “As we searched the vendor landscape we found that many solutions only supported NFS and that the migration process would take 20 hours to complete. Being down that long was not an option for us. As a hospital, our healthcare staff must have access to critical records 24×7 to provide the best quality of care for our patients. Only StorageX met all of our business requirements. In fact, they exceeded our expectations by completing the migration in three hours with zero downtime or disruption to our business.”
StorageX 7.5 new features include:
- Expanded DFS Namespace Automation Policies – including new options for automated DFS creation, availability and backup
- Native NetApp Migration Support for Disaster Recovery and Migration – with the ability to utilize NetApp SnapMirror technology as a replication or migration mechanism at the link level
- Enhanced Reporting – now providing a series of static pre-configured report “views” for increased management simplicity
- Security and Auditing – now offering the ability to control access to the StorageX server via static pre-defined roles and offering expanded audit capabilities with StorageX logs presented in the user interface
- Health-Checks – offering a series of automated configuration checks to verify the “health” or valid configuration of storage resources and namespace resources managed by StorageX
“With the release of StorageX 7.5, we are furthering our vision to support storage management with the intelligence today’s infrastructures demand for improved data discovery, analysis, optimization, migration and management throughout the information lifecycle,” said Piyush Mehta, CEO of Data Dynamics. “By changing the game for the storage and management of large data assets, Data Dynamics is helping enterprises proactively position themselves for their future storage requirements by supporting heterogeneous technologies and platforms so IT enterprises can achieve the flexibility and agility they need without heavy investments and resource requirements.”
StorageX 7.5 is available now, with pricing starting at $50,000.
For more information, please visit: https://www.datadynamicsinc.com/products/storagex-platform/
Tweet This: @Data Dynamics Expands Intelligence-Based #Cloud Storage Management with New Release of #StorageX
- Video: StorageX Phased Migration Overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ1qrop22JQ&feature=c4overview&list=UUVuBU86y2OYqMxrvERVVDIw
- Article: Adoption of New Storage Hardware: A Challenge and a Solution: https://www.datadynamicsinc.com/adoption-of-new-storage-hardware-a-challenge-and-a-solution/
- Datasheet: https://www.datadynamicsinc.com/docs/datasheets/data-sheet-storagex-platform.pdf
- Follow Data Dynamics, Inc. on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/datadynamicsinc
- Visit Data Dynamics, Inc. on the Web at: https://www.datadynamicsinc.com
About the StorageX Platform
StorageX enables the intelligent migration to and management of hybrid cloud storage infrastructure across multiple storage silos with a single software platform. It empowers enterprises to reduce operational inefficiencies and risk with a single policy-based storage management platform that provides oversight and controls over multi-vendor physical and cloud storage silos. High levels of automation allow IT administrators to intelligently discover, analyze, optimize, migrate, manage and report on large data assets for next-generation storage environments. StorageX improves business intelligence by maximizing end user insights from the storage infrastructure, enhancing business continuity and reducing storage complexities related to hybrid and private cloud storage infrastructure management.
About Data Dynamics
Data Dynamics is a leading provider of hybrid and private cloud storage management solutions that enable the agile discovery, analysis, optimization, migration and management of large data assets across the information lifecycle. Its award-winning StorageX product suite eliminates multi-vendor storage silos providing enterprises with an intelligent, policy-based, cloud storage management platform to empower data portability, usability and insight for business agility and operational efficiency. StorageX has been adopted by hundreds of enterprise customers, Fortune 500 companies, and large municipal governments to increase storage portability for the simplified adoption of next-generation heterogeneous datacenter and cloud infrastructures. For more information, please visit: www.datadynamicsinc.com.
The Ventana Group