Analyst Report Shows that StorageX 7.5 Has More Policy-Based Capabilities and Cross-Platform Support than Any Other Storage and Data Management Software
TEANECK, N.J. — January 13, 2015 – Data Dynamics, Inc., a leader in storage management solutions for hybrid and private cloud storage environments, today announced findings from a SSG-NOW Labs First Look report which outlines how Data Dynamics’ StorageX 7.5 delivers significant competitive advantages over other storage and data management software packages on the market. The lab report, “StorageX 7.5: Software-Based Cloud Storage Management,” explores how StorageX delivers more policy-based capabilities and cross-platform support than alternative solutions while also delivering impressive features to discover, analyze, migrate and manage content across its lifecycle.
“The recent addition of sophisticated DFS namespace support and the ability to upgrade Windows Server 2003 DFS namespaces to Windows Server 2008 DFS namespaces makes StorageX 7.5 a strategic purchase for companies needing to upgrade and/or manage DFS namespaces,” said Earl Follis, senior analyst, SSG-NOW in the December 2014 report. “The ability to perform carefully planned phased data migrations saves storage admins so much time that a purchase justification can be articulated based solely on those features. Yet StorageX offers so much more that SSG-NOW strongly recommends that any IT shop with a heterogeneous storage hardware environment, or with both CIFS and NFS platforms, or with a mixture of Windows- and Linux-based storage, should evaluate StorageX for use in their environment.”
The SSG-NOW Lab First Look provides a hands on evaluation of StorageX 7.5 and its comprehensive, policy-based, out-of-band storage management for multi-vendor storage systems and its ability to contribute to the converged data center. Key observations on StorageX features as outlined in the report include:
- Heterogeneous Platform Support. It was confirmed that StorageX seamlessly manages storage platforms from EMC, NetApp and native Windows and Linux file systems with the ability to migrate from one hardware platform to a different hardware platform with minimal ease and ensures the security and attributes are migrated in conjunction.
- Managing and Upgrading 2003 NFS Namespaces. The report explores how StorageX 7.5 offers sophisticated DFS namespace management capabilities that allows for an automated, policy-based approach to upgrading 2003 DFS namespaces as well as ongoing management via automated DR failover and back up of the DFS infrastructure.
- Enterprise File Lifecycle Management. The lab test shows how StorageX 7.5 supports sophisticated file lifecycle management techniques while also providing a number of automated capabilities to help manage unstructured file data.
- Data Movement and Migration. SSG-NOW validates StorageX as an invaluable software platform when performing data moves and migrations because the policy-based data management engine provides a strong foundation for automating those processes to the maximum extent possible.
- Replication of Files at Remote Sites. It was confirmed that StorageX offers the ability to synchronize file replication to a central site, a cost-saving measure that removes the requirement to have expensive backup capabilities at each remote site.
StorageX 7.5 enables the intelligent management of storage across heterogeneous technologies and platforms through a single management interface for hybrid and cloud infrastructures. It adds additional functionality to Microsoft DFS and centralizes the management of unstructured data across the enterprise. The new version also enables Windows-based management for multiple heterogeneous file servers, allowing seamless data migration and consolidation.
“The SSG-NOW Labs First Look report underscores the value of StorageX 7.5 as a robust storage management solution,” said Piyush Mehta, CEO of Data Dynamics. “As today’s IT infrastructure becomes more and more heterogeneous, especially with the increasing implementation of object storage and Hadoop Distributed File Systems, StorageX will quickly become a vital necessity as a single interface to manage intelligence based mobility for unstructured data.”
To download the complete SSG-Now Labs First Look Report, please visit: https://www.datadynamicsinc.com/resources/product-reviews/
TWEET THIS: SSG-NOW Labs First Look Report Validates the Significant Competitive Advantage of @DataDynamics’ StorageX
- Video: Data Dynamics StorageX 7.5 Validation by ESG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPUd0QNE2lw
- Video: StorageX Phased Migration Overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ1qrop22JQ
- Datasheet: https://www.datadynamicsinc.com/docs/datasheets/data-sheet-storagex-platform.pdf
- Follow Data Dynamics, Inc. on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/datadynamicsinc
- Visit Data Dynamics, Inc. on the Web at: https://www.datadynamicsinc.com
- Follow Network Products Guide on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/networkpg
About the StorageX Platform
StorageX enables the intelligent migration to and management of hybrid cloud storage infrastructure across multiple storage silos with a single software platform. It empowers enterprises to reduce operational inefficiencies and risk with a single policy-based storage management platform that provides oversight and controls over multi-vendor physical and cloud storage silos. High levels of automation allow IT administrators to intelligently discover, analyze, optimize, migrate, manage and report on large data assets for next-generation storage environments. StorageX improves business intelligence by maximizing end user insights from the storage infrastructure, enhancing business continuity and reducing storage complexities related to hybrid and private cloud storage infrastructure management.
About Data Dynamics
Data Dynamics is a leading provider of hybrid and private cloud storage management solutions that enable the agile discovery, analysis, optimization, migration and management of large data assets across the information lifecycle. Its award-winning StorageX product suite eliminates multi-vendor storage silos providing enterprises with an intelligent, policy-based, cloud storage management platform to empower data portability, usability and insight for business agility and operational efficiency. StorageX has been adopted by hundreds of enterprise customers, Fortune 500 companies, and large municipal governments to increase storage portability for the simplified adoption of next-generation heterogeneous datacenter and cloud infrastructures. For more information, please visit: www.datadynamicsinc.com.
The Ventana Group