Data Dynamics, Inc., is looking for a software architect to join its product development team. As a member of the team, you will be required to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain software products that manage storage resources in both brick and mortar and cloud environments. Development is done primarily on Windows and .Net using tools such as Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server. Development areas span graphical user interface (both thick-client GUI and WebUI), client/server, object oriented design/implementation, database (SQL and NoSQL), REST API, and performance.
At Data Dynamics, Inc., we take pride in creating exceptional work experiences, encouraging innovation, and being involved with our employees and customers. If you are a customer-centric, passionate software architect who feels strongly about building world class scalable data-driven software, we would like to talk to you.
- Define all aspects of software development from technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team
- Oversee progress of the development team to ensure consistency with product design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching/mentoring to Developers and QA Engineers
- Ensure delivered software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability and extensibility
- Maintain legacy code and work on new cloud software architecture and implementation
Required Skills and Experience:
The following are the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- BS degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field
- 10+ years of professional software architecture design
- 3+ years of distributed data application architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills
- Strong understanding of file and object server technologies and protocols
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Strong debugging and diagnostic skills
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Agile/DevOps experience
- Ability to understand a customer’s needs and apply that information to feature design
- Ability and desire to do hands-on coding
Desired Skills and Experience:
The following are desired for this position:
- MSc/MA degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field
- Commercial SaaS application delivery experience
- Experience with NoSQL technologies, such as Elasticsearch and Cassandra
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with NetApp, EMC, or IBM storage products
- Experience working with SMB, NFS, or S3 protocols
- TFS/VSTS source code management, project tracking, and build experience
This is a full-time direct employment position, located in Houston, TX. Prefer local candidates only.
To apply for a position, submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please be sure to indicate the name of the position for which you are applying.