Data Dynamics is looking for a Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to join our growing and dynamic software engineering team. In this position, you will be responsible for testing of enterprise software solutions including functional, performance, and regression testing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with software development to determine testing needs and quality demands of software.
- Authors and maintains manual test cases to verify and validate software features and functionality.
- Executes documented test cases/scripts as well as performs exploratory testing.
- Reports on quality of product via documented bugs.
- Validates and verifies bug fixes and performs regression testing
- Participates in planning releases by providing testing estimates and helping to determine appropriate levels and types of testing.
- Operates in an Agile/Scrum environment, participate in iteration planning, reviews, demos, retrospectives, and daily scrums.
Required Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of relational databases and methods for efficiently retrieving data from them such as using basic SQL queries, especially MS SQL Server.
- Ability to analyze software functionality and acceptance criteria in order to design and manage test case procedures using test management tools such as TFS, HP Quality Center, etc.
- Understanding of testing scope and estimation for proper release planning, sprint planning, and regression test planning.
- Experience reporting software bugs and communicating software defect behavior to engineering teams using bug tracking software such as TFS, Bugzilla, etc.
- Experience with configuring and administrating storage hardware such as NAS (Network Attached Storage) or SAN fabric (Storage Area Network).
- Understanding of networking essentials as well as file storage services including CIFS and NFS.
Required Professional Skills:
- Must be a self-starter, independent, and driven to succeed.
- Needs to have an analytical and a “what-if” mentality.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be adaptable to rapidly changing requirements of a growing organization.
- Understanding of the role of Quality Assurance in software development organizations.
- Ability to work in a team with diverse skills and experiences in order to respond to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science discipline required or relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of software testing experience
- 1+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
To apply for a position, submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, and please be sure to indicate the name of the position for which you are applying.