Data Dynamics is looking for a Technical Support Engineer/Analyst to join our growing Technical Support Team!
This position provides technical support for Data Dynamics StorageX products in multiple storage environments, and serves as the first point of contact for customers with technical support issues and questions on advanced network attached storage (NAS) environments.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing telephone, email, chat, and remote diagnostic technical support for a wide variety or enterprise servers, storage devices, operating systems, and applications (Windows, VMware, Linux, SQL, Hyper-v, ane more) in a team environment. You will also be responsible for answering common questions regarding installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance, and usage for assigned products. You will apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions to correct issues. You will also document problems, diagnostic actions performed, customer interactions and next steps, and solutions implemented in the technical support database.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate case management skills for each customer case by resolving various issues quickly and proactively involving resources as needed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Respond to customer technical problems/issues related to software and/or customer configuration via email, chat, and phone.
- Handle and take ownership of customer issues from beginning to resolution.
- Assist customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical and product issues.
- Advise and educate customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or product questions.
- Identify and provide input on unique or recurring customer problems.
- Deliver a positive customer experience according to Data Dynamic standards.
- Monitor and track customer issues to ensure accurate resolution.
- Review and distribute relevant customer information to cross-functional teams (Sales, Development, External Partners, etc.).
- Escalate more complex customer technical issues to senior level support and/or development.
- Provide on-call after hours support one to two weeks per month, including some weekends/holidays.
- Dependable attendance is a critical requirement of the job.
- Server hardware knowledge
- Storage hardware knowledge of NAS systems (Network Appliance 7.x or 8.x, EMC VNX, Isilon) preferred
- Network setup/routing with mixed LAN/WAN operating system environments
- Working knowledge of Windows server environments (2008 & 2012), RedHat/CentOS, and MS SQL 2008/2012
- 2-5 years of recent experience in a technical support position in a technical support organization that supports a client/server software environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 4 year degree and/or equivalent work experience.
To apply for a position, submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, and please be sure to indicate the name of the position for which you are applying.