Data Dynamics, Inc. offers a StorageX training program specifically for IBM, with scheduled classes covering both file-to-file and file-to-object migrations.
- StorageX Migration and Object Administrator Training: This training class introduces students to the planning, installation, and configuration of StorageX and the StorageX Management Portal, including the implementation of StorageX operational features such as Phased Migration policies, Discovery of file storage systems, Analysis of file data, Archival to object storage, and Retrieval of archived objects, using a combination of instructor lecture and discussion and hands-on migration lab exercises. (One 6-hour class)
These StorageX training programs are designed for IBM staff who are involved in the design, deployment, and management of network attached storage.
- The StorageX Migration and Object Administrator Training training program consists of one six-hour virtual training session. This session includes both lectures and hands-on labs.
After completing the training program, attendees should be able to:
- Identify the benefits and features of StorageX
- Plan for and install StorageX in an enterprise data center file storage environment
- Configure policies that facilitate file data movement and management between heterogeneous network-attached storage (NAS) devices
- Discover and analyze file data, archive file data into object storage, and retrieve an object
Attendees should be familiar with the basic concepts and operations of CIFS and NFS file, folder, and share/export management. Attendees should also have a general understanding of and experience with enterprise storage software and hardware.
Internet connection and browser, as well as a phone or VOIP headset.
2018 Class Schedule
Upcoming IBM StorageX training program classes will be offered on the following alternating dates:
- StorageX Migration and Object Administrator Training (Each class consists of a 1-day, 6-hour class, running from 10AM-4PM CDT):
- August 20th
- August 24th
- August 27th
- August 31st
To register for an upcoming training course, please complete the following form.