Data Dynamics, Inc. offers a StorageX training program specifically for NetApp, with regularly scheduled classes for both pre- and post-sales audiences.
- StorageX Solution Overview: This training course provides the student with a review of the StorageX value proposition and an overview of the planning, installation, and configuration process required to properly utilize StorageX in a customer environment. This class is tailored to sales and pre-sales personnel interested in understanding the capabilities, sizing requirements, and implementation process needed to successfully utilize StorageX to perform NAS migrations. (One 7-hour class)
- StorageX Migration Administrator Training: This training class introduces students to the planning, installation, and configuration of StorageX, including the implementation of StorageX operational features such as Phased Migration policies, using a combination of instructor lecture and discussion and hands-on migration lab exercises. This class is tailored to storage administrators primarily interested in using StorageX to implement NAS migrations. (One 8-hour class or three 3-hour classes)
- Troubleshooting Common StorageX Issues: This instructor-led training class reviews the most common issues encountered when implementing StorageX to deliver NAS migrations in customer environments. Using real-world examples, the instructor will discuss how to identify an issue, the logic behind the event, and the proper course of action to move forward. This class is tailored to GSDC administrators responsible for supporting StorageX NAS migrations. (One 6-hour class)
These StorageX training programs are designed for NetApp staff who are involved in the design, deployment, and management of network attached storage.
- The StorageX Solution Overview program consists of one seven-hour virtual training session. This session is primarily slide- and lecture-based.
- The StorageX Migration Administrator Training (Single Day) training program consists of one eight-hour virtual training session. This session includes both lectures and hands-on labs.
- The StorageX Migration Administrator Training (3 Days) training program consists of three three-hour virtual training sessions. Each session includes both lectures and hands-on labs.
- The Troubleshooting Common StorageX Issues training program consists of one six-hour virtual training session. This session includes both lectures and live demos.
After completing the training program, attendees should be able to:
- Identify the benefits and features of StorageX
- Plan for and install StorageX in an enterprise data center file storage environment
- Configure policies that facilitate file data movement and management between heterogeneous network-attached storage (NAS) devices
- Perform basic troubleshooting, diagnostic, and maintenance tasks
Attendees should be familiar with the basic concepts and operations of CIFS and NFS file, folder, and share/export management. Attendees should also have a general understanding of and experience with enterprise storage software and hardware.
Internet connection and browser, as well as a phone or VOIP headset.
2018 Class Schedule
Upcoming NetApp StorageX training program classes will be offered on the following alternating dates:
- StorageX Solution Overview (Note: Each class is a 7-hour, 1-day class, running from 9AM-4PM CST.):
- May 18
- May 25
- StorageX Migration Administrator Training (Note: Each class consists of either a 1-day, 8-hour class, running from 9AM-5PM CST, or three 3-hour sessions held on Tues, Wed, Thu of the same week, unless otherwise specified. 3-day class sessions run from 9AM-12PM CST.):
- May 11 (single-day)
- May 29, 30, 31 (3-day)
- Troubleshooting Common StorageX Issues (Note: Each class is a 6-hour, 1-day class, running from 10AM-4PM IST zone or 9AM-3PM US zone.):
- May 14 (IST)
- Jun 1 (US)
To register for an upcoming training course, please complete the following form.