Data Dynamics, Inc. offers a StorageX training program specifically for EMC – Isilon with regularly scheduled classes for both pre and post-sales audiences.
The EMC Isilon – StorageX 7.7 Migration Administrator Training Course consists of an instructor-led class and hands-on Virtual Training Lab (VTL) allowing students to practice each of the lab exercises in a simulated environment.
- EMC Isilon – StorageX 7.7 Migration Administrator Training Course: This training course introduces students to the planning, installation, and configuration of StorageX, including the implementation of StorageX operational features such as Phased and Archival Migration policies and Migration Projects.
The StorageX Administrator training program is designed for system engineers and architects who are responsible for the design, deployment, and management of EMC – Isilon network attached storage and in particular the migration of NetApp storage resources to EMC – Isilon.
- The EMC Isilon – StorageX 7.7 Migration Administrator Training Course consists of a single eight-hour virtual training session. The session includes both instructor-led lecture and live demonstrations as well as student participation in hands-on labs.
After completing the EMC Isilon – StorageX 7.7 Migration Administrator Training Course, attendees should be able to:
- Identify the benefits and features of StorageX
- Plan for and install StorageX in an enterprise data center file storage environment
- Configure NetApp source and EMC – Isilon Target network-attached storage (NAS) devices in StorageX Storage Resources
- Configure StorageX Phased Migration Policies to facilitate migrations from NetApp to EMC – Isilon NAS)
- Configure StorageX Migration Projects to facilitate basic (like-to-like) and advanced (transformation) migrations from NetApp to EMC – Isilon NAS
- Perform basic troubleshooting, diagnostic, and maintenance tasks
Attendees should be familiar with the basic concepts and operations of CIFS and NFS file, folder, and share/export management. Attendees should also be familiar with NetApp ONTAP and EMC – Isilon OneFS operating environments, and have a general understanding of and experience with enterprise storage software and hardware.
Internet connection and browser, as well as a phone or VOIP headset.
Additional Virtual Training Lab access requirements can be found here: http://help.skytap.com/#Access_Requirements.html
StorageX Administrator training program classes will be offered on the following alternating dates:
- EMC Isilon – StorageX 7.7 Migration Administrator Training Course:Note: Each course consists of a single eight-hour session held on the following dates.
- Thurs, December 10, 2015, 4 am – 12 pm EST (APAC/EMEA) – CLOSED
- Thurs, January 21, 2016, 9 am – 5 pm EST (Americas) – CLOSED
- Thurs, February 11, 2016, 4 am – 12 pm EST (APAC/EMEA)
- Thurs, February 25, 2016, 9 am – 5 pm EST (Americas)
To register for an upcoming training course, please complete the following form.