If your data management vendor closes, will you be locked out of your data?
Recently, a major cloud solution for secondary storage, backup, archival, and disaster recovery shut down, likely creating anxiety and uncertainty for its clients. This anxiety is probably justified: many file management solutions take ownership of your data—effectively holding you hostage to their offering.
Data lock-out—including physical gateway appliances, filesystem software virtualization, proprietary filesystem namespaces, and individual file stubbing or sharding—poses several problems for customers:
– No direct access to your files.
– Increased cost, risk, and complexity due to vendor lock-in.
– Loss of enterprise-level scalability capabilities.
At Data Dynamics, we believe that you should always maintain direct control of your data, whether you’re with us or not.
Data Dynamics’ StorageX solution offers:
– Direct Access to Your Files, Your Way (SMB, NFS, S3).
– No gateway, file virtualization, proprietary namespace, stubbing, sharding, or agents.
– Scalability to enterprise levels.
– Automated source mapping and provisioning at destination.
– File transform and file to S3 object conversion.
– A solution based on policy engines and industry standards.
P. Mehta, CEO