Things You Didn’t Know
You Needed to Know
Data Analytics Suite Decoded: Addressing Common Queries to Enhance Your Data Management Experience.
Navigating the complexities of purchasing enterprise-class software is no small feat. The challenge becomes even more daunting when you’re dealing with a product or suite that operates globally and plays a crucial role in ensuring smooth operations. As you dig into the features and capabilities of the software, it’s only natural for questions and concerns to crop up. To make this journey a bit smoother for you, we’ve put together a list of frequently asked questions that could prove invaluable as you set out to explore the intricacies of Data Dynamics’ Data Analytics Suite.
Setting Up StorageX
1. Is Microsoft SQL Server bundled with StorageX?
2. Can SQL Server Express be upgraded?
Yes, SQL Server Express can be upgraded to SQL Server Standard or Enterprise.
3. Is SQL Server installed locally on the StorageX server?
SQL Server can be installed locally on the StorageX server, or you can configure your StorageX installation to connect to a managed SQL Server instance.
4. What are the SQL Server database requirements? How many tables?
The StorageX installation will create the database and all its associated tables. Our product cannot use a pre-created database.
5. What is required to allow StorageX to create the database?
Our service account user must have database creator privileges, as with the dbcreator role, on the SQL instance that is provided.
6. Can database creator privileges be removed?
Yes, database creator privileges can be removed after installation. However, database creator privileges may be required for a future upgrade.
Configuring & Scaling Storage
1. Is the StorageX product able to control the use of network bandwidth?
Yes. Our Universal Data Engine (UDE) can be throttled to use only a specified amount of bandwidth.
2. How does the StorageX product control policy threading?
Archiving or Replicating Your Data
1. Which object storage platforms are supported for StorageX Archive and Replication?
StorageX supports archiving and replicating data to AWS S3, Azure Blob, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) S3, Hitachi Content Platform (HCP), NetApp StorageGrid, Dell Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS), IBM Cloud Object Storage (COS), and most other S3-compliant platforms.
2. Instead of Archiving my data, can StorageX delete or cleanup old, cold, or ROT data?
StorageX does not directly delete old/cold data, but an Archive policy can be set up to “move” those files to an object storage bucket or container that has an ILM policy configured to delete everything after a certain period of time.
3. Can StorageX report the list of archived files?
Retrieving Your Data
1. When a file is archived, what does the end user see in the file system?
StorageX is a true archive. Files are hard-moved to the archive destination. We do not leave stubs or links.
2. How are files retrieved?
Admin access to our Retrieval Portal can retrieve all files that have been previously archived to object storage. End user access to the Retrieval Portal can retrieve only the files for which they are the owner.
3. Are files retrieved back to original location?
The administrator or end user can specify the retrieval destination.
4. Is all metadata retrieved?
The administrator or end user can specify ownership of the retrieved files.
Auditing & Reporting
1. Does your product report filesystem security?
StorageX will report on the users and groups that are owners of files on the access control lists and will also report where permissions are inherited or where inheritance is broken. You can also search for specific privileges of a user or group and can report on open shares (Everyone, auth user, Domain Users on the ACL).
2. Can StorageX report audit information?
StorageX can ingest the audit logs of NetApp and Isilon products. The audit information is then merged with metadata to show who/what/when for each file.