37.5 Million Directories Migrated with the last sync in 48 Hours using StorageX
for a Fortune 10 US-based Technology Company
- Move billions of files from NetApp’s Infinite Volume to a Flex Group on the same cluster
- Moving millions of directories with millions of files within an allotted time.
- Sync incremental updates in the files
- Achieving optimal throughput while migrating files
- During the file movement process, the file system was constantly being updated causing additional efforts in comparison and update.
- Allotted cutover window of 48 hours only
- The previous tool was unable to sync the incremental copies of the baseline copies delaying the process and adding glitches
- Achieving optimal throughput while migrating the files with accuracy
StorageX was selected to perform the migration of the process:
- Single pane view across migration process
- The policy-based approach maximized the data access, minimized cutover windows, user downtime, and other disruptions related to file storage rebalancing, migrations, and tech refreshes
- Minimal disruption to business for cutover meeting the estimated target of 48 hours
- Sync up of incremental copies of the baseline copies
- Ability to set QoS during replication to minimize client impact
37.5 million directories with 977 million files migrated with the last sync in 48 Hours
- Greater efficiency with incremental migration – Enabled automated data replication policies facilitating the replication of source files to destination location. The policy ran while migrating the baseline and incremental copies.
- Reduced Outage – Accelerated the migration process within the cluster with minimal disruption