Data Migration from
Non-trusted Storage to Azure Cloud Storage
a leading provider of digital payment solutions
- Migrating millions of files from untrusted storage source to Azure cloud in a partially acquired company environment
- Moving ACLs along with the data for the new users and groups in the new organization
- Migrating users from one domain to the new one as per the ACLs
- Migrating data from an unknown and untrusted infrastructure hosted on another domain
- Complexities involved in building trust while migrating the data from an unknown source
- No software for data migration that guaranteed privacy while moving data from an unknown source to Azure
- Migrating and redirecting SIDs from old users in another domain to the new users in the new domain
- StorageX Migration for moving data to Azure from the unknown and untrusted data center and fileservers.
- StorageX’s capability to migrate data across domains, even the untrusted ones, was one of the key highlights of this solution.
- While doing the Migration, StorageX’s capability of performing inline SID translation turned out to be a lifesaver for the holding company, as they could preserve the ACLs. At the same time, StorageX translated the old user SID to the new one on the target.
- Quick and safe Migration between heterogeneous infrastructure
- Scale-out using a central console and remote universal data engines
- Smooth transit of business processes from the acquired company to the holding company