StorageX is Data Dynamics’ award-winning unstructured data migration software. It delivers automated policy-based data migration with no vendor lock-in. The software enables seamless data center migration and consolidation, cloud data migration, and storage optimization to drive intelligent, swift, and secure petabyte-scale unstructured data migrations. The latest update, with a focus on OneDrive migration and Microsoft Information Protection Integration, aims to empower organizations to efficiently and seamlessly manage their data while maintaining compliance, across hybrid clouds at enterprise-class scale.
- Efficient data migration to Microsoft OneDrive, SMB shares, and various file systems.
- Streamlined data organization and optimization for cost savings.
- Enhanced data security and compliance through sensitivity label management.
- Improved handling of NTFS tags for effective data classification.
- Accelerated data migration via local mounts for diverse file syste
- Swift identification and management of duplicate files.
- Control over file scanning in File-to-Object (F2O) policies.
- Effective handling of long file paths for data integrity.
Features and Functionality
1. OneDrive Migration
The OneDrive Migration functionality seamlessly integrates OneDrive as a destination target within StorageX 9.1. It simplifies the process of migrating large volumes of data from on-premises and other storage environments to Microsoft OneDrive cloud storage resources. This enhancement empowers organizations to leverage the power of OneDrive as part of their data migration strategy.
- Efficiently migrate Windows-based file data to Microsoft OneDrive.
- Simplify data migration with user-friendly policies.
- Enhance compatibility with the Microsoft 365 suite.
- Strengthen data security with robust tagging and labeling.
2. Sensitivity Label Management
Integrated with Microsoft Information Protection and Azure Information Protection, this feature is designed to address the need for scanning sensitivity labels within files located on home shares, SMB shares, and other data repositories. This feature empowers security administrators, compliance officers, and organizations to efficiently identify, manage, and enforce sensitivity labels on their data, ensuring adherence to data security, governance, and regulatory mandates.
- Identify and manage sensitivity labels across various data repositories.
- Generate compliance-focused reports for informed decision-making.
- Automate label assignment for consistent data protection.
- Facilitate workflow automation through API integration.
3. NTFS Tag Scanning and Management
The NTFS Tag Scanner and Management functionality are designed to address the need for scanning NTFS (New Technology File System) tags within files on home shares and SMB shares. This feature allows users, particularly Storage Admins, to gather metadata information, identify tagged and untagged files, and manage NTFS tags efficiently.
- Identify and manage NTFS tags on home shares and SMB shares.
- Generate analytics reports for insights into tag usage.
- Automate tag assignment and management for streamlined data classification.
- Integrate tag management into existing workflows through API support.
4. Cloud Object Storage Consolidation and Data Management
Cloud Object Storage can be segmented and consolidated by applying standardized or custom prefixes to object storage buckets or folders, this functionality simplifies data replication, streamlines data management tasks, and reduces operational costs. Whether you operate in heterogeneous storage environments, collaborate with multiple teams, or need to ensure compliance, this feature empowers you to enhance efficiency and achieve substantial cost savings in your cloud storage operations.
- Efficiently categorize and organize data with standardized prefixes.
- Overcome destination limitations by consolidating source buckets.
- Flexibly replicate specific source buckets or folders.
- Resolve naming conflicts with customizable conflict resolution rules.
5. Compatibility Expansion to Support Additional NFS-based File Systems
Compatibility Expansion to Support Additional NFS-based File Systems: This feature broadens compatibility by integrating with various NFS-based file systems, including distributed and clustered file systems like Lustre. This enhancement empowers users to efficiently migrate data from a broader range of source and destination file systems, optimizing migration speed and success.
- Expand data migration support to a wide range of file systems.
- Achieve faster data transfer through local mounts.
- Seamlessly integrate with Linux User Data Engine (UDE) for automated path handling.
- Streamline the migration process with automated unmounting and path updates.
6. F2O Policy Scan Control
The F2O Policy Scan Control functionality introduces an option within StorageX to enable or disable scanning within File-to-Object (F2O) policies. This enhancement provides users with the flexibility to optimize F2O policy run times, reducing project timelines, resource utilization, and operational costs in managing large datasets.
- Users can significantly improve F2O policy run times by choosing to optimize scans in subsequent runs.
- Reduction in resource consumption, leading to potential cost savings.
- Flexible data management by allowing users to make informed choices about when to perform scans.
- Scalability for organizations with very large datasets.
7. Duplicate File Report Performance Enhancement
The Duplicate File Report Performance Improvement mitigates the risk of data loss and errors associated with duplicate files, ensuring data integrity and cost-effectiveness. It also plays a critical role in reducing costs by improving the efficiency of duplicate file reporting processes.
- Rapid report generation, typically less than 2 minutes, even with large datasets.
- Highly responsive user interface for a seamless user experience.
- Improved space management through efficient duplicate file identification.
- Assurance of data integrity with the retention of important file versions.
8. Long File Path Handling and Reporting Enhancement
The Long File Path Handling and Reporting Enhancement functionality ensures that data with long file paths are successfully migrated without errors or data loss and enhances data integrity, ensuring that critical data remains accurate and intact throughout the migration process.
- Ensures successful migration of files with long paths, preserving data integrity and continuity.
- Reduces the risk of costly errors and delays by identifying potential migration challenges in advance.
- Supports compliance efforts with enhanced reporting capabilities.
- Provides a reliable and error-free migration process for a positive user experience.
In conclusion, StorageX 9.1 caters to diverse data management and migration needs. Each functionality is designed to enhance efficiency, improve data integrity, and streamline operations for organizations of all sizes. Whether it’s simplifying OneDrive migration, integrating with Microsoft Information Protection, optimizing file tagging, or improving data reporting and handling, StorageX empowers users with flexible solutions.
With a focus on scalability, user-friendliness, and compliance, StorageX ensures that data is securely managed and seamlessly migrated, contributing to operational continuity and cost-effectiveness. The software’s commitment to innovation is underscored by upcoming updates and a roadmap that anticipates evolving user requirements.
With flexible licensing options, comprehensive support, and a commitment to future updates and enhancements, our software solutions empower organizations to harness the full potential of their data resources while maintaining data integrity and security.
Your journey toward efficient data management and migration begins here. For more information or to explore how these enhancements can benefit your organization, book a demo at https://www.datadynamicsinc.com/request-a-demo/. You can also sign up for a data assessment at https://www.datadynamicsinc.com/data-assessment/