Cloud computing has been a game-changer for enterprises and organizations. It has enabled businesses to soar higher than ever before. There are several benefits to this technology like increased efficiency, reduced costs, data security and many more. It gives businesses the wings to fly and scale, enabling them to reach greater heights of success.
However, according to the recent studies most of these companies are already failing to reap the benefits of the cloud. 90% of CIOs had to deal with failed or disrupted data migration projects. A 2019 study by Fortinet found that 74% of companies moved their data back on-premises from cloud after they failed to achieve any expected returns. As an enterprise or business, you don’t want to be a part of that statistic. This brings us to the most important question:
What are some of the most common mistakes that lead to the failure in cloud adoption?
What are the best practices that you can follow to avoid these common mistakes?
The first and foremost step in cloud adoption is migrating enterprise workload to the cloud. Some of the many mistakes that enterprises make during cloud migration are the lack of a clear migration strategy, unwanted latency, and inadequate cloud security. The repercussions of these common errors tend to have a long-term impact on business organizations. Some of these impacts are as follows:
- Data corruption/loss – Although the loss of data can be mitigated through testing, its impact on the organization cannot be underestimated. In addition to potential revenue loss or legal consequences, missing data could have a negative impact on customer relationships.
- Flawed decision-making – Data is the fuel for reports and metrics. When the data is inaccurate, it leads to inaccurate forecasting and flawed decision-making, which ultimately impacts an enterprise’s productivity and profitability.
- Audit violations – Failure of cloud migrations may cause data compliance requirements to be inadvertently violated depending on the regulatory statutes that dictate how much history must be retained by the particular industry.
It causes other issues such as performance degradation, work interruptions, and a drain on IT and business resources. When such errors occur, it leads to poor customer experience and the inability to scale and transform your business.
It is imperative that enterprises identify these common mistakes in order to rectify them and make their cloud migration journey seamless and successful!
Data Dynamics is hosting a 30-minute LIVE webinar with two leading industry experts titled, “Oops…You Did It Again”- 3 Mistakes to Avoid in an Enterprise Cloud Migration on 27th July 2022 at 11:00 AM EST. Click here to register.
This webinar will highlight the following:
- Top three critical mistakes enterprises make during their cloud migration
- The root cause that leads to these mistakes
- The consequences and its long-term business impact
- Pre-emptive measures to avoid them
- An explanatory framework of a successful migration process
The speakers for the webinar are Danny O’Connor, Field Chief Technical Officer and Cuong Le, Chief Strategy Officer from Data Dynamics. A 40-year veteran of the financial industry, Danny has helped many global giants realize their digital transformation goals as Head of Infrastructure and Platform Services. A former IBM and Lenovo leader, Cuong Le has led many successful teams across the globe for the past 27 years.
The webinar will also highlight our collaboration with Microsoft to bring into light the next BIG thing in cloud migration – The Azure File Migration Program, which enables absolutely free migration into Azure. To know more about this collaboration and how the Azure File Migration Program works, click here.
To know more about why cloud migrations fail and what are the common mistakes to avoid, register for the webinar here.