Massive storage growth is more than just a technical challenge – it’s a strategic challenge that is impacting your bottom line. Unstructured files that are being poorly managed or lost can become a major compliance and legal risk to your company. The challenge you face is understanding what you have and where it’s located. Once you know what you have, you can act to address the real needs of your business.
You need powerful file analytics to tell you what you have so you can turn your data from a risk to a strategic asset. A wide range of compliance and infrastructure requirements force IT organizations to constantly struggle with these challenges:
- How can you extract value from file assets if you do not know what you have and where it is?
- If files no longer have value to the company, how do you find them and promptly remove them?
- Is the right data placed in the optimal location? If not, how can I get transparency into my data environment?
- Are unstructured files exposing the company to unnecessary compliance and legal risk?
With StorageX Metadata Analytics, you can execute metadata-driven data management to:
- Gain visibility into your unstructured data environment to uncover business insights.
- Achieve actionable insights for data location optimization.
- Optimize storage infrastructure and reduce costs.
- Run reports on file and security parameters to mitigate risk.
Metadata Driven Management with Analytics
StorageX Metadata Analytics scans and discovers data on file storage resources across your enterprise, tags the scanned data set, and brings it into a database, where you can then query that data and determine if anything requires action. With StorageX, you can immediately take concrete steps to address potential problems, by migrating or archiving data as needed to optimize your infrastructure and reduce risk.
StorageX Metadata Analytics Provides:
- Insight into File Storage Savings
- Activity Analysis
- Modification Analysis
- Size Analysis
- Age Analysis
- Type Analysis
- Top Consumer Analysis
- CIFS User Summary
- Device Summary
- Share Summary
New Features of StorageX 9.0
StorageX 9.0 is power packed with new features such as DFS analytics, the ability to support NFSv4 and NFSv3 POSIX, facilitates a single share report showcasing the permissions of the Shares and Folder, and the ability to scan S3 and Azure blob buckets, and provides basics statistics such as total size and total object count.
Open Share reporting
Open Share Reports provide additional information about the specific level of access each group in a report has to a particular share, whether Read, Read and Execute, Write, Modify, or Full Control. This additional level of granularity to the Open Share reporting gives you a better view of which of your shares are most vulnerable.
Act on your Data with Metadata Analytics
Visualize file storage infrastructure relationships, from namespaces, file servers, shares, exports, volumes, qtrees, and folders to individual files or S3 buckets.
Infrastructure reports provide detailed hardware configuration details and filesystem information. Reports provide intelligent and dynamic views of your file storage infrastructure.
Provision heterogeneous file storage resources: CIFS shared folders, NFS Exports, Data ONTAP volumes, qtrees, and SnapMirror. For S3-compliant and Azure Blob object storage systems, StorageX can provision S3 buckets.
Why StorageX Metadata Analytics?
StorageX Metadata Analytics provides in-depth hardware and file system information to manage your IT business processes. Here are some challenges that organizations commonly face:
- Changing storage vendors? How do I collect details about my current hardware infrastructure?
- Merging with another company? How do I merge namespaces into a new, coherent model?
- Employee layoffs? How do I protect file shares that ex-employees had access to?
It's Never Too Late or Too Early to Get Started
Start transforming your organization today into the Data Custodians of the future with Data Dynamics. Empower your Digital Enterprise with Analytics, Mobility, Security, and Compliance, all from a single platform.